As over 100,000 employees have been working together for driving the organization to reach a goal with happiness and enjoy their working life, the company has to created cultures and values of team work to utilizing the core of employee management and enables the company achieved the goal.
CP ALL believes that corporate culture is the “organization’s life force” that makes the organization strong and enables it to grow sustainably. Therefore, the principles of working together on the basis of values or guidelines for working together are divided into 3 categories as follows.
5 Principles: Achievement – Have determination to achieve goals; Customer – Provide the best service to customers; Integrity – Behave honestly, faithfully and transparently; Organization – Have loyalty to the organization; Teamwork – Work together productively
7 Values: Values the organization wishes employees to have: Strength, Courage, Trustworthiness, Unity, Generosity, Respect, Appreciation
3. Need For Supervisor and Executive
11 Leadership: A good leader should: Be sincere, Not be hierarchical, Speak courteously, Not be obsessed with power, Be a good role model, Be fair, Be kind, Dare to make decisions, Care for society, Nurture good people, Be open-minded
To enable employees with diverse backgrounds to work together, value differences, unite efforts, thoughts, skills and abilities, and move toward the same goals, CP ALL has announced “HARMONY” as our corporate culture.
To continue for sustainable growth in the next 30 years with “Our Way.”
CP All is aware of external changes that are changing rapidly and drastically than the past. The company has therefore mobilized the brainstorming from more than 4,000 executives and representatives to find ways to create sustainable growth for at least 30 years. The results from brainstorming, it enables the company to receive important and necessary values for sustainable growth called “Our Way” (5 development), consisting of “TRUST,” “COACHING,” “INNOVATION,” “SMART,” and “COMMUNITY AWARENESS.”
Diversity and Inclusion
By managing diversity and accepting differences in an appropriate manner, the Company believes that it is able to attract and retain people who are capable and good, as well as bring out and make use of the best potential and capabilities from employees. In this regard, the Company has established the Diversity and Inclusion Policy and Guidelines with the aim to mutually benefit its business operations and employees as follows:
- Leaders at every level must be prepared to listen to differing opinions from others
- Encourage and drive employees to be courageous in openly expressing their ideas and opinions that are creative and within the established internal legal framework of the country in which the Company is operating its business
- Promote respectful working environment and valuing difference with no discrimination based on personal preferences, personality, race, religion, color, gender, generation or marital status
- No discrimination or bias in the recruitment process, through providing equitable access to opportunities for career progression according to performance, competency and growth of the organization
- Recognize employees appropriately for their contributions to innovations and work improvement
The Company’s guidelines on the management of diversity and inclusion are the synergy of its employees’ diversity which will further enhance the Company’s competitiveness and sustainability.
Competencies and Workforce
CP ALL conducts Workforce Scenario Planning to be in line with business direction and growth. Human Resources, other departments and business units join in evaluating the competencies and workforce during the annual strategic plan. Human Resources will assess employee competencies required by the Company by analyzing core competencies, strategic challenges, and required competencies according to the strategic goals. This information will then be used to formulate the short- and long-term human resource development plan to support business expansion and to enhance the capabilities of employees to enable them to grow in their career path. With regard to workforce, CP ALL has a process to analyze the required workforce according to the strategic plan, categorizing work as follows: 1) store operations, 2) distribution operations, and 3) office operations. The number of employees required each year is surveyed from affiliations, with consideration to strategic challenges, direction, goals, and scope of work of each department. This information is then used in planning to determine the required competencies and workforce to ensure continued smooth business operations and appropriate support for business growth.
Welfare and Benefit Policy
Human Resources reviews the welfare and benefit policy annually by collecting information, results from the employee engagement survey (both formal and informal), and analysis compared to the industry in order to review the remuneration structure, benefits, welfare and privileges for continued improvement of the welfare and benefit policy for employees to be in line with local labor conditions and to be competitive with other companies. For example, from past employee engagement surveys, management reviewed the recommendations regarding welfare and benefits which will offer long-term benefits for employees, such as the Employee Joint Investment Program (EJIP) which commenced in 2009 for the management level. The EJIP was expanded to the supervisory level in 2012. At present, more than 7,852 executives and employees have joined the EJIP. Accounted 91.59% of the employees are entitled to participate the project of 8,573 persons.
** CP All Plc. and CPRAM Co., Ltd.
Welfare and Other Benefits (Some examples)
- Provident fund
- Housing loan
- Scholarships for employees or their children
- Accident insurance and life insurance
- Medical loan for in-patient hospitalization
- Financial aid for acts of heroism
- Free rice (Full Stomach Full Heart Project)
- Medical expenses for employees (In-patient)
- Health insurance
- Financial aid in the event of death (Employee and family member)
- Get-well basket when employee is an in-patient
- Privileges for employees to become a Store Business Partner (Franchisee)
- Financial aid
Freedom of Association
CP All Plc has set up the establishment of a welfare committee in the corporation by electing representatives of all employees as committees to discuss and propose opinions on various welfare issues which are beneficial to both employees and the company with a welfare committee representing 99.3% of all employees of the company. In 2018, the welfare committee was the representative in communicating and negotiating with the employer’s representatives on the following issues:
- Special health check-up program for distribution line staff who work in cold storage. By the proposal, the company has proceeded as usual by organizing a health check based on the basic program of the work that the staff is working on.
- Increase the cervical cancer screening service for operational staff in annual health examination. With this proposal, the company has publicized the employees to be able to receive the cervical cancer examination by the hospital where the employees use the social security rights. Furthermore, for the hygiene of employees and operation staff they can use the cervical cancer examination rights at the head office.
- Welfare for pregnant women employees for distribution line staff. The company has added a form of maternity dress welfare to female employees.
Employee Engagement Survey
CP ALL has hired a human resources consulting firm to find and determine the composition of critical elements that impacts the engagement of all employee groups, using Aon Hewitt’s benchmarking data and CP ALL’s specific context. Aon Hewitt conducts in-depth interviews with the Company’s management, while Human Resources and Senior Leader select and determine the composition of elements that affect employee engagement.
In 2018, the survey results on social bonding and contentment of employees was as 82%, which meets the Company’s annual goal of 62%.
The quantitative research survey in the form of online questionnaires, the employees personally responded and reflected that the rise in scores were attributed to the combined efforts by the HR Business Partner center and the Human Resources Committee in various sectors that have supported personnel to work in different sectors as joint-working groups. This has helped ease the working environment and communication, with three projects that are key improvement topics:
- Improvement of Performance Management System project with defined goals and indicators, both qualitative and quantitative. The result is then evaluated to use in further development by utilizing the Key Success Factors. This allows the supervisor to be able to manage work in a holistic manner, communicate and build a good environment for the supervisor and team.
- Improvement of Career Path Progression project has given knowledge of career conversation with supervisors to unable supervisors to discuss and plan with their subordinates in the direction of progress, vertically and horizontally. After this, the drafting of policy on work rotation is made and communicated for enforcement through the different field committees. This is done via “Career Policy” and the indication of “Career Matrix” which is based on the principle of 4 colors to foster “Job Mobilization”
- Reward and Recognition project by developing knowledge and “Performance Feedback” skills with supervisors on “Positive Feedback” and “Constructive Feedback” to foster an environment between the supervisor and team. After that, each field of work organized various activities to build a good environment during and outside working hours.
Apart from the main project, the Company allocations responsibility to each field of work to establish sub-working groups in each field to extent opportunities and encourage involvement of employees in the thinking and organizing of activities to foster social bonding. Examples of projects by each field for 2018 are Fun with the Gang project, The Whole Gang is Full and Goes Together, and Mer Her Day project.