CP ALL Public Company Limited (“the Company”) was established in 1988 by the Charoen Pokphan Group to operate the convenience store business in Thailand under “7-Eleven” trademark. The Company was granted a license to use the trademark from 7-Eleven, Inc., USA. In 1989, the first 7-Eleven store in Thailand was opened on Patpong Road. Furthermore, the Company operates other related businesses such as bill payment collection service (Counter Service Co., Ltd.), manufacturing and sale of convenience food and bakery products (CPRAM Co., Ltd), sale and maintenance of retail equipment (CP Retailink Co., Ltd.) payment for products and services through smart cards (Thai Smart Card Co., Ltd.), information technology services (Gosoft (Thailand) Co., Ltd.), logistics services (Dynamic Management Co., Ltd.), marketing services (MAM Heart Co., Ltd.), educational institution (Suksapiwat Co., Ltd.), and training and business seminar services (Panyatara Co., Ltd. and All Training Co., Ltd.), including catalog sales and e-commerce business (Twenty Four Shopping Co., Ltd.), and etc. In 2013, CPALL acquired Siam Makro Public Company Limited operating membership based Cash and Carry trade centers.
The Company office is located at 313 C.P. Tower, 24th Floor, Silom Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500.
Telephone 0-2 071-9000
Company Registration Number 0107542000011
Providing EDC equipment service, payment of products and services though smart card (Thai Smart Card Co.,Ltd)
Training services and In-house training & seminar services (Panyatara Co., Ltd and All Training Co.,Ltd)
- Granted the 7-Eleven license from 7-Eleven, Inc.,USA
- Established the Company to operate a convenience store business in Thailand under the “7-Eleven” trademark
- Changed the Company’s name from “C.P. Convenience Store Co., Ltd.” to “C.P. Seven Eleven Co., Ltd.” and opened the first 7-Eleven outlet at Soi Patpong, Bangkok
- Established Counter Service Co., Ltd. to operate the business of bill payment collection service
- Established C.P. Retailing and Marketing Co., Ltd. to operate the business of manufacturing and sale of convenience food and bakery products
- Officially opened Bang Bua Thong distribution center (DC4)
- Established Lotus Distribution Investment Limited
- Became a public company
- Celebrated the 1,000th 7-Eleven store in Thailand
- Established Retailink (Thailand) Co., Ltd.to operate the business of sale and maintenance of retail equipment
- Joined with the China Retail Fund, LDC, a fund under the management of American International Group, to establish Yangtze Supermarket Investment Co., Ltd.to invest in the supercenter business in the PRC
- Established Shanghai Lotus Supermarket Chain Store Co., Ltd.
- Incorporated Thai Smart Card Co., Ltd.with 8 alliances
- Celebrated the 2,000th 7-Eleven store in Thailand
- Co-operated with PTT Public Co., Ltd. to exclusively open 7-Eleven stores in PTT gas stations
- Established Gosoft (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
- Established MAM Heart Co., Ltd.
- Established Dynamic Management Co., Ltd.
- Offered shares to the public and listed the Company on the Stock Exchange of Thailand
- Established Suksapiwat Co., Ltd.
- Awarded the Thailand Quality Class: TQC at the Thailand Quality Award 2004
- Celebrated the 3,000th 7-Eleven store in Thailand
- Officially opened Panyapiwat Techno Business School
- Officially opened Suvarnabhumi distribution center (DC5)
- Officially launched “Smart Purse” card and became the first convenience store in Thailand to offer payment
- of products and services with Smart Purse, a digital cash card
- Established Panyatara Co., Ltd.
- Established Panyapiwat Institute of Technology
- Disposed the assets and investment of Supercenter business in the PRC
- Changed the Company’s name from “C.P. Seven Eleven Public Company Limited” to “CP ALL Public Company Limited” and changed trading symbol from “CP7-11” to “CPALL”
- Increased registered capital in Thai Smart Card Co., Ltd. to Baht 1,600 million on March 28, 2008
- Completed the restructuring of supercenter business in the PRC on October 31, 2008
- Received the highest vote in Thailand for “Asia’s 200 Most-Admired Companies” from The Wall Street Journal Asia’s survey
- Celebrated the 5,000th 7-Eleven store in Thailand and the 20th anniversary of operating 7-Eleven in Thailand since the first outlet at Soi Patpong,moving towards convenience food store
- Became the first listed company in the Stock Exchange of Thailand in establishing an Employee Joint Investment Program (EJIP)
- Opened a regional distribution center in Surat Thani
- Officially opened the second chilled distribution center in Suvarnabhumi (CDC2)
- Awarded as the 1st winner among Retailers in Thailand presented by Euromonitor International,KPMG and Retail Asia Magazine
- Received the Best CEO Award and the Best CFO Award in the Service Industry at the SAA Award for Listed Companies presented by the Securities Analysts Association
- Completion of assets disposition regarding a connected transaction on the investment in Convertible preferred shares (CPS) issued by C.P. Lotus Corporation (C.P. Lotus) to C.P. Holding (BVI) Investment Company Limited (CPH). CPH paid cash for CPS in the amount of HKD 966.5 millions, equivalent to Baht 3,787.7 million on September 30, 2010
- Changed the name “Panyapiwat Institute of Technology” to “Panyapiwat Institute of Management” effective since November 23, 2010.
- Officially opened the regional distribution center in Khon Kaen
- Recognized by Forbes Asia Magazine as one of the 50 best biggest listed companies in the Asia Pacific Region (Asia’s Fab 50 Companies)
- Officially opened the regional distribution center in Lampoon
- Changed the name “Panyapiwat Techno Business School” to “Panyapiwat Technological College” effective from January 4, 2012 onwards.
- Celebrated the 7,000th 7-Eleven store in Thailand
- Acquired Siam Makro Public Company Limited, membership based Cash & Carry trade centers
- Achieved an inaugural bond issuance of Baht 50,000 million, the biggest issuing size of Thailand corporate bond
- Awarded Best-of-the-Best Retailers 2013,Asia Pacific, presented by Retail Asia Magazine in partnership with Euromonitor International and KPMG
- Received the CEO Econmass Award 2013 organized by The Economic Reporters Association
- Reached 8,000 stores of 7-Eleven
- Successfully issued Debentures no. 1, 2 and 3/2014 totaling Baht 90,000 million
- Established Twenty Four Shopping Co., Ltd, operating on-line business
- Recognized by Forbes Magazine as the only Thai company to be ranked on the Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies
- Inaugurated the 16-storey building “CPALL Academy”, Tara Park, Chaengwattana
- Successfully issued Debentures no. 1 and 2/2015 totaling Baht 33,000 million
- CPRAM Co., Ltd. CPALL’s subsidiary, received the “Deming Prize 2015” presented by the Union of Japanese Scientists and Engineers (JUSE). CPRAM was the first manufacturer in Thailand and the world to receive this prize
- Recognized by Forbes Asia Magazine as one of the 50 best biggest listed companies in the Asia Pacific Region in 2015 (Asia’s Fab 50 Companies) for the five consecutive years.
- Recognized by Forbes Magazine as the most innovative company in Thailand for two consecutive years (Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies 2015), which ranked no. 3 in Asia Pacific region, and no.17 in the world.
- Received “Gold” certification from the Thai Green Building Institute
- Officially opened the regional distribution center for consumer products and temperature controlled products in Chonburi and opened the distribution center for frozen products in Chiangmai
- Reached 9,000 stores of 7-Eleven
- Successfully issued Debentures no. 1 and 2/2016 totaling Baht 19,000 million to refinance debentures with dued maturity date
- Issued a new subordinated perpetual debenture for the first time on November 30, 2016 amount Baht 10,000 million and they were successfully subscribed by both retail and institution investors
- Established a company for research and development in food (CP Foodlab Co., Ltd.). This new company is totally invested by All Corporation Co., Ltd.CPALL wholly owned subsidiary
- Counter Service Co., Ltd., CPALL’s wholly owned subsidiary, increased capital amount Baht 30 million, which wholly invested by CPALL, making a total registered capital of Baht 100 million. The purpose of capital increase is to legitimate the notification of the Bank of Thailand in order to apply for an agent license for international money transfer in which only for Inbound Transfer as Thai Baht service
- Awarded as The Top-Pick Brand among retailers in Thailand on the Brand Footprint Report and Ranking conducted by Kantar Worldpanel
- Awarded as Thailand’s Most Admired Brand 2016 for four consecutive years from the research organized by BrandAge and selected as the leader among convenience store retailers
- Awarded as Marketeer No.1 Brand Thailand 2015-2016 in the convenience store category and frozen food product category under “Ezygo” brand. The award was presented by Marketeer Magazine to companies and brands that were the most popular among Thai consumer
- Received Energy-Saving Building-1st Level Badge in school and convenience store category from Metropolitan Electricity Authority in MEA Energy Saving Building Award 2015, with the objective to reduce energy usage. 14 branches of 7-Eleven stores passed the criteria and reduced the use of electricity under the condition of the MEA throughout 2016.
- Received Excellence in Consistent TPM Commitment 2015 for CPRAM Co., Ltd. a company in the CP ALL Group which manufactures and distributes ready-to-eat food products.The award was presented by Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance (JIPM) to worldwide organizations that were successful in Total Productive Maintenance system (TPM). CPRAM was the first ready-to-eat Business manufacturer in Thailand who got this award
- Received Ishikawa-Kano Award (IKA) from Dr. Noriaki Kano for CPRAM Co., Ltd. a company in the CP ALL Group which manufactures and distributes ready-to-eat food products.CPRAM was selected by members of Asian Quality Network (ANQ) from 17 countries because the management has promoted, supported and encouraged Total Quality Management (TQM) among the whole organization.
- Reached 10,000 stores of 7-Eleven.
- Issued 3 times of debentures with a total amount of Baht 25,500 million and issued a subordinated perpetual debenture for the second time amount Baht 10,000 million in order to repay matured debentures amount Baht 25,937 million and exercise call option.
- The Board of Directors approved a capital increase amount USD 38 million in Lotus Distribution Investment Limited (LDI), totaling a registered capital of USD 245 million
- Admitted to the 2017 Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Emerging Markets in the category of Food & Staples Retailing. CPALL is the sole Thai and Asian firm to be selected in this category
- Certified as Private Sector Collective Action Coalition Against Corruption Council (“CAC”) Member Company organized by Thai Institute of Directors (IOD)
- Awarded as Thailand’s Most Admired Brand 2017 for five consecutive years from the research organized by BrandAge and selected as the leader in retail category
- Received Energy-Saving Building Outstanding Badge and Energy-Saving Building Excellence Symbol in convenience store category and was certified as Energy-Saving Building-1st level in office building category (Tara Sathon Building) from Metropolitan Electricity Authority in MEA Energy Saving Building Award 2016.
- Disposed the 230,248,000 common shares of Siam Makro Public Company Limited (“Makro”), representing 4.80 percent of the total issued share capital of Makro at the price of Baht 44 per share amounting to Baht 10,130,912,000. The main objective of this transaction is to increase the trading liquidity of Makro shares in the Stock Exchange of Thailand.
- Established ALL Wellness Co., Ltd. with the registered capital of Baht 1,000,000 and par value of Baht 10 each. This new company is wholly invested by CPALL with the objective to provide health and wellness services to the communities with convenience, innovations and digital technology, as well as giving healthcare consults by medical professionals
- Officially opened the regional distribution center for consumer products in Burirum
- Admitted as a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) World Index,as well as Emerging Markets for the second consecutive year (2017-2018). It is a DJSI member in the category of Food & Staples Retailing.
- Admitted as a member of FTSE4Good Emerging Index, and FTSE Good ASEAN 5 Index for the first time.
- Admitted as a member of the 2018 Thailand Sustainability Investment (THSI),as well as received the 2018 Sustainability Report Award at an outstanding level from CSR Club in collaboration with Thai SEC and Thai Pat Institute.
- Admitted as the 23rd of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” in Top100 global companies by Forbes in collaboration with Jeff Dyer from Brigham University, and Hal Gregersen from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). CPALL is the sole Thai company to be selected in this
- • Celebrated the 11,000th 7-Eleven store in Thailand
- Executed the Indicative Term Sheet with 7-Eleven, Inc. for the receipt of franchise with respect to the establishment and operation of 7-Eleven Stores in Cambodia and Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Established ALL Now Logistics Co., Ltd. with the objective to operate the domestic parcel and express delivery service business. In addition, Dynamic Management Co,Ltd., which operate distribution centers shall be changed its name to All Now Management Co.,Ltd.
- Purchased ordinary shares of Thai Smart Card Co., Ltd. from other shareholders, making CPALL owned ordinary shares of Thai Smart Card Co., Ltd. of 100 percent of a registered capital
- Officially opened the regional distribution centers for consumer products in Hat Yai and Nakhon Sawan
- Admitted as a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) world Index for the second consecutive years and the DJSI Emerging Markets for the third consecutive year (2017-2018). In addition, CPALL is the nomination as a leader in the DJSI World Index in category of Food & Staples Retailing Industry
- Admitted as a member of FTSE4Good Index for the second consecutive year in two groups, which are FTSE4Good Emerging Index and FTSE4Good ASEAN 5
- Admitted as a member of the 2019 Thailand Sustainability Investment (THSI) from Stock Exchange of Thailand for the second consecutive year in consideration of performance in the economic, social and environmental dimensions. In addition, received SET Awards 2019 in category of Sustainability Excellence for Highly Commended in Sustainability Awards
- Awarded as The Best in category of Consumer Discretionary from Asiamoney – the financial magazine that have the highest number of readers in Asia as well as received Corporate Governance Awards
- Awarded as Best Growth Strategy in Thailand from Finance Asia Best Company 2019
- Awarded as Best Social Media Campaign Award from Thailand Zocial Awards 2019
- Awarded as Thailand’s Most Admired Brand & Why We Buy 2019 in category of convenient store with the most reliability for the seventh consecutive year.
- Awarded as Most Engaged Official Account and Most Used Sponsored Stickers from Line Thailand Awards 2019
The Sincere Bright Read
The color of love and sincerity
that CP All gives to all stakeholder groups.
The Creative Sky Blue
The color of thought creativity, business expansion, and moving forward.
The Caring Gentle Gree
Peace and care for happiness, convenience, and safety.
The Sustainable Bright Blue for CP ALL
The stability and sustainability of CP All.