Key Performance in 2019
From the issue of climate change that affects the quantity and quality of world resources, due to energy consumption such as direct fuel combustion and indirect energy use. CP ALL Plc. and subsidiaries (“the Company”) recognizes the importance of energy use as it is related the daily life of consumers and affecting the environment. It also has a direct impact on business operations. Due to the operations of 7-Eleven Stores has opened 24 hours daily, the energy consumption was taken in high level.
The Company is awareness and committed to taking aforementioned impact by supporting and driving different units in the organization to improve energy efficiency in their unit and business activities, and promoting the careful use of natural resources for the greatest productivity. We also promote the development of new innovations or measures to reduce overall energy use, the increased use of renewable energy and clean energy. Due to our continued efforts in this area, numerous energy conservation projects have been initiated and implemented under the “7 Go Green strategy”.
Key project in 2019
Objective: to increase energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in store
The Company continuously improved multiple electrical system and equipment in 7-Eleven stores under the sub-strategy ‘Green Store’ through several projects, as follows
Results and benefits:
- Efficiency improvement of cooling coils for large cooling vaults project can reduced energy consumption per month at 163.78 kWh per store on average.
- Inverter Air Conditioner in 7-Eleven project can reduced energy consumption per month at 864 kWh per store on average. It will be able to reduce GHG emissions by7.924 tonnes CO2e per store.
- LED Lightbulb Project can reduced energy consumption by 482.65 kWh per store per month.
- In-Store Exploration and Climate Monitoring Project. In 2019, trialed run with 3 of 7-Eleven stores
- Solar Energy Project* can reduced total energy consumption at 3,767,102 kWh per year. And reduced GHG emissions by 2,192.82 tonnes CO2e per store.
- Improvement of Screenless Product Display Shelves Cooling System Project can reduced energy consumption by 242.7 kWh per store per month. It will be able to reduce GHG emissions by 698 tonnes CO2e.
- Knockdown Store Project, Reuses materials from building’s exterior. In 2019, there are a total of 64 stores in this project
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station. In 2019, trialed run with 19 of 7-Eleven stores
*Solar Energy Project covers 7-Eleven Store, Siam Makro and CPRAM
Objective: to increase energy efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in transport and distribution
The Company continuously operates logistics and distributions while remaining considerate to the environment. The operation focuses in enhancing effectiveness of product logistics and distribution, in reducing fuel required and greenhouse gas consumption. The Company made the changes possible through resizing of vehicles, transport time management. Furthermore, there is collaboration with transporting companies in collecting greenhouse gas data under the “Green Logistic Strategy”.
Results and benefits:
- Solar Cell Installation in Distribution Centers project can reduced energy consumption by 192,780 kWh per year.
- Daily Runner project. There is a total of 28 vehicles with solar cells
- Solar Thermal project can reduced energy consumption by 309,370 kWh per year. And reduce GHG emissions by 180 tonnes CO2e.
- Solar Tube project can reduced energy consumption by 27,703 kWh per year. And reduce GHG emissions by 11.78 tonnes CO2e.
- 2 distributions center adopts criteria of Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED).
- 1 distributions center has certified for Thai’s Rating of Energy and Environmental Sustainability (TREES).
- There vehicles of distributions centers have been resized, this efforts reduce transportation fuel by 3,522,189 liters per year, reduce GHG emissions by 9,670 tonnes CO2e.